Also known as: Greg O’Brien.
Poet, painter, editor, and journalist.
Spouses: Jenny Bornholdt
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Real Fiction in Sport 30: Peter Black-Real Fiction
- For Victor Meertens in Sport 24: Summer 2000
- Somebody Say Something in Sport 23: Spring 1999
- The dark plane leaves at evening in Sport 21: Spring 1998
- Falls in Sport 7: Winter 1991
- East Born in Sport 15: white horse black dog
- Disasters in Splendour in Sport 13 Spring 1994
- No Dream But Life: James K. Baxter’s Spark to a Waiting Fuse and Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings in Sport 28: Autumn 2002
- Regionalism: three poems in Sport 34: Winter 2006
- Contents of a Breeze, Wellington in Writing Wellington: Twenty Years of Victoria University Writing Fellows
- View of Wellington from Marahau in Writing Wellington: Twenty Years of Victoria University Writing Fellows
- One Among Many in Sport 10: Autumn 1993
- The Spirit of the Realm of Flowers in Sport 10: Autumn 1993
- The Ten Most Beautiful Women in the World in Sport 10: Autumn 1993
- Wall, Paper, Artist in Sport 10: Autumn 1993
- Familial in Sport 10: Autumn 1993
- A Culbertbook in Sport 19: Lightworks
- Dark Room in Sport 30: Peter Black-Real Fiction
- After Bathing at Baxter’s in Sport 11: Spring 1993
- The Place Where They Live in Sport 30: Peter Black-Real Fiction
- A Ken Bolton Reader in Sport 8: Autumn 1992
- The Run Off in Sport 18: Autumn 1997
- To Have Feet and Not Have Walked on Them in Sport 18: Autumn 1997
- Christos Angelopoulos You Can’t Have Your Coke and Eat It Too in Sport 18: Autumn 1997
- Running Dog: The Poetry of Ken Bolton in Sport 16: Autumn 1996
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Gregory O’Brien as: "Gregory O’Brien", "Greg O’Brien". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Gregory O’Brien":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.