Poet, journalist, politician.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Paddy Murphy’s budget: a collection of humourous ‘pomes, tiligrams, an’ ipistols’ by Paddy Murphy [pseud.] in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 2
- Introduction [to Past and Present, and Men of the Times] in Past and Present, and Men of the Times.
- The “Thunderer” of Otago. A Poor Poet’s Reply to A Great Critic in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 13
- The New Zealand Tourist in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 45
- Dunedin from the bay in Picturesque Dunedin: or Dunedin and its neighbourhood in 1890
- Musings in Maoriland
Subject of Texts
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Thomas Bracken as: "Thomas Bracken". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Thomas Bracken":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.