Presbyterian minister, coloniser, community leader.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Emigration to New Zealand. Report of the speeches delivered by the Rev. Dr Burns and others at the meeting in the Philosophical Hall, Paisley on Monday, the 27th June, 1840 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Rare Volume
- A Brief Account of the Origin and History, And also the Income and Expenditure, of the Presbyterian Church of Otago in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 13
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Reverend Thomas Burns as: "Reverend Thomas Burns". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Reverend Thomas Burns":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.