Customs officer, naturalist, museum director, writer.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Preface [to Fishing Methods and Devices of the Maori] in Fishing Methods and Devices of the Maori
- Foreward to First Publication [of Forest Lore of the Maoris] in Forest Lore of the Maori
- The Fossil Flora of New Zealand in Tuatara: Volume 3, Issue 1, May 1950
- Botanical Discovery in New Zealand: The Resident Botanists
- Botanical Discovery in New Zealand: The Visiting Botanists
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Walter Reginald Brook Oliver as: "Walter Reginald Brook Oliver". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Walter Reginald Brook Oliver":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.