Mountaineer, photographer, writer, editor, historian, archivist.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Introduction [to The Great Journey] in The Great Journey: an expedition to explore the interior of the Middle Island, New Zealand, 1846-8
- Shapes for Shelters in the Mountains in Design Review: Volume 2, Issue 6 (May-June 1950)
- Family In A Forest in Design Review: Volume 1, Issue 2 (July 1948)
- Photos! in Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria College, Wellington, N.Z. Vol. 8, No. 6. May 25, 1945
- Relief Expeditions in the Mountains: Alpine Rescue Parties in New Zealand in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 12, Issue 2 (May 1, 1937)
- Moonlight on Mt. Rolleston: An Easter High Camp in the Southern Alps in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 14, Issue 4 (July 1, 1939)
- “Unclimbed New Zealand” in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 14, Issue 3 (June 1, 1939)
- Railways in the Mountains: Exploring In The Southern Alps in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 6 (September 1, 1936)
- Documents or Phoney Photos? in The Spike Victoria University College Review 1944
- Appendix to The Great Journey in The Great Journey: an expedition to explore the interior of the Middle Island, New Zealand, 1846-8
Works by this Author in other Collections
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for John Dobrée Pascoe as: "John Dobrée Pascoe". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "John Dobrée Pascoe":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.