Also known as: Hone Hiini.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- [Circular letter supporting parliamentary candidate Lee, 11 January 1876]
- Petition to Parliament seeking a further enquiry into Hawke’s Bay land Issues
- Tenei Ano Te Korero a Hone Hihana Te Roia, Ki Nga Maori i Hui Ki Pakipaki, i Te Turei, Te 15 O Nga Ra O Aperira, i Te Tau 1873
- Ki te whakaminenga o Niu Tireni e noho nei kei te Parameta : tenei petihana no matou no nga tangata Maori e mau nei o matou ingoa kiraro ake nei, no Haki Pei, no Wairarapa, no te Wairoa, no Turanganui.
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for John Sheehan as: "John Sheehan", "Hone Hiini". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "John Sheehan":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.