Lawyer, magistrate, politician, explorer, naturalist, photographer.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Belmont Hill road, Lower Hutt in Selected Images from the Collections of the Alexander Turnbull Library
- Forest, Porirua Road, Wellington in Selected Images from the Collections of the Alexander Turnbull Library
- The Changes Effected in the Natural Features of a New Country by the Introduction of Civilized Races in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 63
- Notes upon the great Floods of February, 1868; read before the Wellington Philosophical Society, 3rd September, 1881 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 64
- Some Chapters in the Life and Times of Te Rauparaha
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for William Thomas Locke Travers as: "William Thomas Locke Travers". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "William Thomas Locke Travers":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.