The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Auckland Provincial District]
Epiphany Church. This Church is a wooden building in the Gothic style of architecture, and is situated in Karangahape Road, opposite the reservoir. The old Epiphany Church was established in Nixon Street, and was a branch of St. Sepulchre's. Ultimately a separate parochial district was made in Newton, and the present church was erected in 1886. The building is capable of seating about 350 worshippers, and the attendance averages about 200. The Sunday school is held in a separate building in the grounds of the church. The first vicar of Epiphany was the Rev. Dr. O'Callaghan, and the Rev. W. Edward Lush, M.A., is the present incumbent.