The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Auckland Provincial District]
Wade, H. L
Wade, H. L. , Architect and Building Surveyor, Victoria Areade, Queen Street, Auckland. Mr. Wade is the eldest son of the late Mr. H. G. Wade, architect, so well known in the profession. He was born in Auckland in 1878, and educated at the Wellesley Street school, the Papatoitoi district school, and the Auckland College and Grammar School. Mr. Wade was articled to his father, who finally relinquished his business to his son, in November, 1899, and he has successfully retained and developed the large practice, which was so ably built up by his father. He was elected secretary of the Auckland Institute of Architects in September, 1900, Mr. Wade has followed in his father's footsteps, by becoming a member of the Ledges Waitemata, 689, E.C., Prince of Wales, 1338, E.C., and Harmony, E.C.(of Otahuhu). He also holds the office of N.G. in the Loyal Fountain of Friendship Lodge, Manchester Unity, Independent Order of Oddfellows.
Mr. H. L. Wade.