Carr, Johnston and Co.,
General Merchants, Fort and Commerce Streets, Auckland. Bankers, Bank of Australasia. This business was established by Mr. Richard A. Carr in 1884, and Mr. Henry Johnston became a partner in 1888. The firm devotes its attention
Messrs Carr, Johnston & Co.'s Premises.
chiefly to Oriental, Island, and New Zealand produce, and is believed to be the largest importer in Auckland of rice, raw coffee, kapok, gunnies, castor and linseed oil, and Singapore goods. Its exports consist of copra, flax, coffee, lime-juice, and tanekaha bark. English and foreign manufactures, such as fencing wires of all descriptions, corrugated iron, wire nails, cement, and American canned fruits are largely dealt in. The firm's main building has a frontage to both Commerce Street and Fort Street, and the offices are handsome, well-lighted, and roomy. Additional premises are used for the storage of heavy goods, such as corrugated iron, cement, grain, etc. Mr. Carr is a director of the South British Fire and Marine Insurance Company of New Zealand.