The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Nelson, Marlborough & Westland Provincial Districts]
“The Springs,” Old Renwick Road, near Blenheim. This farm was originally part of a large holding owned by Mr. Thomas Redwood, and was taken up by its present proprietor in the year 1887. For three years it was held on lease, but in 1890 Mr. Nicoll acquired the freehold. The property consists of forty acres of good agricultural land, and two springs close to the boundary furnish it with an unfailing supply of excellent water. The whole area is annually placed under crop, and the yield of chaff, which is almost the sole product of the farm, is about four tons per acre.