Other formats

    Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

    mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Home and Building, Volume 37 Number 6 (1975)

Mills House

page break

Mills House

Architects: Acheson and Company Owners: Dr & Mrs W. Mills Contractors: Jamieson and Long

This residence was designed for Dr and Mrs W. Mills and their teenage family in 1971.

It is situated on a section in the suburb of Matua, Tauranga, which has an approximate 120° view of the Harbour and would be a quarter of a mile from the mean high water level.

The house is constructed with concrete and wood framed floors, concrete block and cedar lined framed walls, concrete tiled pitched roof insulated with fibreglass/and metal flat roofs insulated with fibreglass also. The ceilings are lined with foil-covered plaster board and the house has exposed stained rafters and stained timber joinery. A raised hearth concrete block fireplace is situated in the "nook" underneath the mezzanine.

The area of the house (including mezzanine) is 1560 sq.ft. The area of the garage is 540 sq.ft.

Photographer: Photo Advertising

Photographer: Photo Advertising

page 14page 15page 16