The 35th Battalion
Below are a few results of sports tournaments and other competitions held in the forward area:—
Battalion winners in Brigade Arts and Crafts Competition:
- Coconut work: Private Imms. C. E., Second. Private Plummer, T., Third. Model Yachts: Lance-Corporal Dare, J., First. Sergeant Wright, C, Second.
- Shell work: Corporal Boese, W., First. Private Soper, E., Second. Woodwork: Private Smith, G., Highly Commended. Knives: Private Atwood, G., First.page 126
- Field day held at Nissan prior to break up of unit:
- Tennaquoit: Bn. HQ. Swimming: D Company. Tug-o'-war: HQ Company. Canoe race: C Company.
The Falloon Cup was presented to D company which scored the highest total of points in the day's competition. Brigadier L. Potter presented the cup and other prises. The Falloon Cup was a master-piece of arts and crafts work by one of the pioneer section boys. A cigarette tin seemed to predominate.
Harbour swim at Nissan Island: Distance 1 1/2 miles.
- First: Lance-Sergeant G. Mason, time: 33 minutes 45 seconds. Second: Private Camplin, time: 35 minutes. Third: Private Andrew, time: 37 minutes.
Battalion championship shoot (Nissan Island))
Possible Score: 90
- First: Lance-Corporal Seymour, E., 81. Second: Major Bell, G. H., and Private Staehurski equal, 78. Fourth: Lance-Corporal Berry, B., 77. Fifth: Sergeant Skinner, D., 76.